Saturday, August 5, 2017

Atkins, Low-Carb, Oh No, Here I Go!

Once, years ago, I decided to drop some pounds and used Atkins.  It worked like a charm - and I was able to stay full and ate fairly well.  Problem was, you were really limited in the food selections back then.  Just in the past few years the low-carb selection has gotten much better - really great in fact - due to two things: popularity of the Paleo diet and popularity of the gluten free diet.  I only realized how many interesting new products there were because my father has Celiac Disease. Everytime he visits it becomes a mad dash to de-gluten the house, and I get to check out the gluten-free sections at the local stores.  I'm pretty impressed with what's available!
  Well...  I have three kids, currently aged 4, 5, and 8.  This means there are lots of yucky carbs in the house, and despite my best intentions, I have been known to graze, nibble, and sample my fair share of these goodies.  My waistline doesn't approve.
  In an attempt to get back towards a healthier lifestyle, I'm going back to the low-carb diet.  This time, I have a blog to record the journey on!  In just the past 3-4 days I've perused many a store looking for low-carb alternatives, and I've already started recipe testing.  So I'll try to share some
of my successes (and maybe a failure or two...) .

No comments:

Post a Comment