Thursday, August 3, 2017

Emma in the Night

She Speaks was nice enough to grant me an advance copy of the psychological thriller, Emma In The Night, by Wendy Walker.  I took the reading challenge in force - a free book, I'm down for that!  The novel started by switching between first person narration of who I believed to be the sister of the protagonist and the FBI psychologist that helped with the investigation into the sisters' disappearance.  As the novel wore on, it became clear that Emma, one of the sisters that disappeared, was not nearly as interesting as Cass, her sister.  Not to mention the crazy family dynamic, and the kidnappers!
  The story unfolded into the panoply of crazy that surrounds a narcissistic personality.   This was portrayed very well, and you really felt the sisnister characters and the pain that was caused to everyone involved.
  I really can't say much more without giving up the plot!  Give the book a try: Emma In The Night

No comments:

Post a Comment